For the sixth year running the SCC is hosting an event within the realms of urbanisation. This year’s theme is Connectivity. With insights from Google and other experts on the matter, we will explore questions such as linking urbanisation with the latest innovations and technology.
More than half of the world's population are living in urban areas and cities are set to be the future global economic engines. As the urban areas are rapidly expanding, there are several crucial challenges that must be addressed, creating a huge demand for infrastructure that will connect the city and make it more inclusive and sustainable. This Forum aims to discuss these issues and explore the challenges of today as well as the challenges of the future.
- 17.00-18.00 Registration
- 17.00-18.15 Networking, drinks & canapés
- 18.30 Presentations begin
- 20.00-21.00 Networking, drinks & canapés
There will be six keynote presentations and two sets of panel discussions, all of which will be led by the moderator: Sam Markey, Head of Executive Office, Future Cities Catapult. The event will culminate in a networking session with drinks and canapés.
- Deloitte: Simon Dixon, Global Transportation Leader
- Google: Jon Simpson, Smart Building Technical Lead
- StratForce: Max Ryerson, CEO & Chief Digital Strategist
- Sweco: Geoffrey Palmer, Director of Buildings
- Transport for London: Iain Macbeth, Head of Foresight
- White Arkitekter: Linda Thiel, Director London Studio
- Centric Lab: Araceli Camargo, Director of Lab
- Greater London Authority: Stephen Lorimer, Smart London Strategy
- Royal Town Planning Institute: Victoria Hills, Chief Executive
Please note that bookings are non-refundable, but at the discretion of the organiser, you can change the name of the person attending. For this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.