Today H&M operates in 37 countries and has 76,000 employees all working to the same philosophy: to bring you fashion and quality at the best price.
H&M was established in Västerås, Sweden in 1947 by Erling Persson. We now sell clothes and cosmetics in around 2,000 stores around the world.
Here are some brief facts about H&M:
- H&M offers fashion and quality at the best price.
- H&M’s first store was opened in Sweden in 1947.
- H&M offers fashion for women, men, teenagers and children.
- The collections are created centrally by around 100 in-house designers together with buyers and pattern makers.
- H&M also sells own-brand cosmetics, accessories and footwear.
- The stores are refreshed daily with new fashion items.
- Online shopping is currently available in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and the UK.
- H&M does not own any factories, but instead buys its goods from around 700 independent suppliers, primarily in Asia and Europe.
- H&M has about 16 production offices around the world, mainly in Asia and Europe.
- H&M employs about 76,000 people.
- The turnover in 2009 was SEK 118,697 million.