The Swedish Chamber of Commerce’s Mentorship Programme offers a unique opportunity for young professionals in the UK to benefit from a twelve-month programme of individual mentoring by experienced and successful senior industry professionals from across the SCC’s network of patron and member companies.
Our Mentors are leading lights in their respective industries, with decades of experience in creating innovative products and services, nurturing talent within their businesses and growing successful businesses.
The Mentorship Programme provides a unique opportunity for ambitious young professionals to:
(i) learn from the best in order to advance their career goals and aspirations
(ii) develop the knowledge, skills and tools needed to succeed in today’s exciting business environment; and
(ii) grow their professional network.
The current round of the Mentorship Programme started in January 2019 and will finish in December 2019. For the first time, the programme is open to applications from both members of the Young Professionals as well as non-members.
- Participation in 1:1 Mentoring sessions with a senior industry professional
- Opportunity to learn how to develop business skills, tools and knowledge from a wide range of business experts
- Opportunity to increase your network through development of relationships with all programme participants (e.g. Mentors and Mentees)
- An initial ‘Discovery Session’ where the Mentor and the Mentee meet face to face
- A minimum of four 1:1 mentoring sessions with a Mentor over the course of the programme (Face to Face, Skype or Phone)
- Four Programme Meet Ups facilitated by the SCC, bringing together all the participants in the Programme to network, discuss key business topics and develop practical skills, tools and knowledge
THE MENTEES CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FROM THE PROGRAMME:
The Programme will help you to:
- Accelerate your personal and professional development
- Advance towards your existing career goals and aspirations
- Identify new areas of professional interest and/or career paths
- Develop new business skills, knowledge and tools
- Develop your personal brand
- Grow your professional network
MEET THE MENTORS OF THE 2019 PROGRAMME
- Birgitta Albåge Gough-Cooper – Director, Head of Operations – Lazard
- Kevin Connors – General Manager - Nordea
- Astrid Maria Dahl – Executive Business Development Director – Oncology – AstraZeneca
- Tracey Davidson – CEO – Handelsbanken Wealth Management
- Mark Florman – Chairman & CEO – Time Partners Limited
- Jenny Gardner – Project Director UK Innovation Centre – SAAB
- Luke Griffiths – Vice President & General Manager – Klarna UK Ltd
- Tomas Gärdfors – Partner – Norton Rose Fulbright
- Richard Hildebrand – Founder – TandonHildebrand
- Maj-Britt Krejcir – CFO – SEB London
- Lotta Malm-Hallqvist - Managing Director & CMO - MDC-Partners Europe & APAC
- Chris Philipsborn – Managing Partner – Kreab
- H.E. Torbjörn Sohlström – Swedish Ambassador to the UK – The Swedish Embassy
- Fill in the application form. You will be asked a couple of questions and you will have to attach your CV. A cover letter will not be needed.
- If you are successful in your application, you will be contacted by the SCC team in the end of December.
Please note that the application for this year's Programme is now closed. The application for the 2020's Programme will open in October 2019.
- William Ranby - Management Consultant - Accenture
- Lucas Fernström - Senior Enterprise Account Executive - Salesforce
- Anna Tranchell - Event Specialist - WMP Creative
YP Member: £295 +VAT
Programme Director: Dr Aarti Anhal
Programme Coordinators: André Viktorsson, Nathalie Thiel and Linnéa Lindgren
If you have any questions regarding the SCC Mentorship Programme, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7224 8001