Senior Investment Adviser
British Embassy Stockholm
The British Embassy in Stockholm is currently seeking to employ a Senior Investment Adviser
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is responsible for promoting British trade across the world. DIT Europe works to help UK-based businesses export to the EU and to encourage the best European businesses to invest in the UK. This is an exciting time to join DIT, as you will have the opportunity to shape the UK's international trade agenda and foster UK growth.
How can you contribute?
We are looking for a confident, motivated and experienced Senior Investment Adviser to strengthen our Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) team based in Stockholm. He/She will oversee the life science, healthcare and retail and report to the Head of FDI in Sweden.
If you are passionate about inward investment, international trade policy and business development, and you have an excellent understanding of Swedish business dynamics, then this offer is for you!
- Maintain and build a pipeline of clients looking to set up, or expand, their operations in the UK. Close contact with Swedish and UK industry contacts, travels in Sweden, UK and rest of Europe as and when required;
- Monitor the Swedish business climate and economic outlook focusing on priority sectors and with the aim of generating Swedish foreign direct investments successes, to identify, pursue and deliver and agreed number of volume and value investment successes;
- Identify, target and engage with decision makers with the objective of building a network of high level contacts in priority sectors;
- Planning and running of events in Sweden and the UK to highlight UK as an investment destination; recruit for/run missions into the UK, arrange speaking engagements/round table networking opportunities for high profile UK visitors to Sweden (this includes necessary planning and brief writing, programme administration, sector analysis, invitation of guests and liaison with Swedish/UK stakeholders;
- Contribute to the results of the wider DIT Investment Team and other Embassy team in the Nordic-Baltic and European region, including the Embassy Prosperity Team. Support and take an active role in events/activities across the Embassy.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Excellent Swedish and English language skills (C1 level or above under the CEFRL* or equivalent);
- University degree in Business/Economics or applicable subject;
- Knowledge and experience in the life science or healthcare sectors;
- 3 - 5 years experience in Business Development;
- Ability build rapport at all levels internally and externally;
- Be reliable and respond proactively to changing priorities;
- Talent to understand and focus on customer needs;
- A self-starter with the ability to manage time and work effectively;
- Ability to work several projects simultaneously many times on tight deadlines;
- Take ownership and strive to produce high quality work;
- Support team on shared objectives and targets;
- Good IT skills;
- Availability to travel within Sweden, UK and other EU countries;
It may be a plus if you:
- Have knowledge about the UK strengths at country and regional level;
- Experience of foreign direct investment sales cycle;
- Aptitude for technology and innovation.
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service, Engaging Internationally
How to apply:
Deadline for application is 3 May 2020. For further details on this vacancy and information on how to apply, please visit the FCO Local Staff Vacancies Homepage.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week), fixed term position with a duration of 12 months for , with a possibility of extension.
- The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the locally employed staff should be either Swedish citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population registry before starting the employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information please visit the UK Governments website.