War On Cancer
About War On Cancer
Established in 2017, War On Cancer is a Swedish-founded healthtech company aimed at radically improving the lives of those impacted by cancer. The app is one of the world’s largest social cancer apps, enabling its members to connect with others impacted by cancer, share their stories, and provide a support system. The app also amplifies the patient voice in cancer research through in-app studies, making it easy for members to contribute their insights and improve the future of cancer care. The app is currently available in over 20 countries with offices in Stockholm and London.
About the team
We're an optimistic team who naturally go the extra mile, have a glass-half-full mindset, and see challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who are inventive, bold, lead change, and have a prestigeless attitude towards combining strategic and hands-on work. Inner development and mental health are at the forefront of our agenda, and we are now in search of our first Partnerships Manager to help us scale by exploring the many untapped strategic growth opportunities available to us.
We’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for a passionate and energetic Partnerships Manager to join War On Cancer’s marketing team to manage our growing portfolio of partners. The ideal candidate will be a natural networker who loves spotting new opportunities and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships. As a people person you will confidently build these relationships to deliver new business – and how you do that is, in part, up to you.
The role has a direct impact on defining War On Cancer’s success and brand through inventive marketing programs and initiatives through strategic partnerships. These will be broad in nature and span several sectors ranging from charities, governments, academia, and businesses (profit & non profit) – the sky's the limit! You will work alongside our growing marketing team to support the development and execution of partnerships that drive both awareness and use of our product offering. You will also oversee the day-to-day management of specific channels, delivering best-in-class marketing programs and content for new and existing partners.
As part of an evolving team – you can contribute to the depth, breadth and direction of this role, and influence what our future looks like. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly results driven, experienced and proactive self-starter.
In short, you will
- Source, identify and qualify potential partners for strategic alignment and product fit
- Drive partnership discussions, act as project lead and coordinate requirements externally with the partner and internally with other functions and departments
- Support the implementation of partnership agreements, including negotiation of terms and owning the execution process
- Shape and expand our new Brand Ambassador programme
- Build, maintain and nurture relationships with partners and act as a single point of contact once implementation is complete to ensure a smooth and mutually beneficial partnership
- Support the education of advisors and/or their clients about the War On Cancer platform
- Create and review supporting materials for external and internal purposes (i.e. presentations for prospective partners, documenting internal processes and progress tracking via our CRM system)
- Gather and articulate market intelligence and feedback, ensuring War On Cancer’s offer is aligned with demand
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar level position and have a proven track record in managing and growing highly profitable partnerships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage across a wide range of stakeholder groups
- A passion for building long-lasting relationships with partners
- An analytical mindset with the ability to prioritise
- Creative problem solving skills with a scrappy determination to do more with less
- The ability to collaborate across multiple groups and understand the value of working as a team
- A self-starter mindset with the initiative and willingness to make ‘cold calls’
- The ability and drive to define and rollout a strategy independently
- CRM experience
At War On Cancer, we value and respect differences and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the organisation
- Flexible vacation policy with 30 days holiday
- Flexible work location & hours
- Monthly sessions with a therapist (optional)
- Latest MacBook and accessories
- Company off-sites, AW’s, team days & events both IRL and remote
- Plus many more
Diversity & Inclusion
We are strong supporters of diversity and inclusion, practicing what we preach. We pride ourselves in having a diverse team with a 'remote by default' way of working that further allows us to hire the best talent according to aptitude. We openly welcome all identities and backgrounds.