Kinnarps is seeking to employ a Financial Controller. The role is based in London with some travel to Langley (Slough) required.
Leadership and responsibility for the Kinnarps UK Finance Team, Finance processes, accuracy and compliance. Liaison with Finance teams in Sweden.
The successful candidate will have strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. They will have held positions where leadership, motivation, supervision and development of people and the Finance process were a necessity. The candidate needs to have experience in working within a sales organisation with a proven record of supporting profitable growth. Ability to develop strong cross departmental influence and understanding.
- Lead the financial planning activities of the company (forecasting, budgeting, finance strategic planning)
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of month-end P&L’s and Balance Sheets
- Prepare and/or review monthly management reporting (standard and ad hoc)
- Collaborate with other teams in ensuring that the company meets their objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible, proactively advising where there is room for process improvement or cost savings
- Coordinate monthly budget review and feedback to managers
- Actively promote the company to peers and attend networking events on behalf of the company
- Attend and actively participate in monthly business review with global CEO, CFO and Sales Director
- Manage profit and loss , balance sheet, cash flow
- Liaise closely with Kinnarps Group Head Office in Sweden, including the group CFO
- Monitor financial compliance and reporting deadlines
- Prepare monthly commissions for sales force and ad hoc calculations
- Ensure statutory compliance (statutory annual accounts, tax returns etc) ; UK finance policy owner
- Train colleagues in financial data and processes, interpreting in to layman’s terms
- Some international travel required for example attend Induction in Head Office in Sweden
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships with Stakeholders
- Responsible for preparing and closing month end.
- Support the development of profitable growth
- Provide strategic support on major sales opportunities
- Analyse and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Partner with the business, assess financial and management processes, financial forecasting
- Work on analysis and reporting of true sales margin and consolidated margin. Increase visibility and information to stakeholders
- Promote and drive innovation within finance and the business
- Key point of contact for the audit.
- Financial audit preparation and coordination of the audit process with external auditors
- Co-ordination of UK annual budget preparation and revisions.
- Prepare and submit year-end accounts.
- Lead the Finance team for Kinnarps UK, an SME interiors solutions provider with 29 employees
- Line Management responsibility for the roles of Credit & AP Supervisor and Finance Admin Support
- Host Finance team meetings and 1-1s and bi-annual reviews with Finance team
- Part of UK Management team
- Analytical mind with ability to question existing systems and make recommendations for efficiencies
- Liaison with management internationally where applicable
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or equivalent
- University Degree
- Full understanding of all processes and tasks associated with all Finance Team roles
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in working for a sales organisation, with proven track record of supporting sales growth
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications in particular ERP software and web based reporting systems
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of management accounting, business control and/or finance business partnering
- Planning and organisation skills
- Line management experience, developing and mentoring
- Experience of reporting strong MI/BI
- Behave at all times with a responsible attitude
- Continuous Improvement and drive to assist change where required
This list is not exhaustive.
This role description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the position. These are subject to variation by the Company as is necessary to respond to the need of the Business, both internal and external.
It is the company’s policy to employ the best-qualified personnel and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
In addition, Kinnarps UK Ltd will consider making any adjustments that are reasonable and practicable to accommodate any individual with a disability.
Salary: - Competitive
Hours of work: - Minimum of 37.5 hours a week – Monday to Friday (need to be flexible in order to meet business needs).
Excellent Benefits: - Car allowance, Pension, Private Medical, Medical Cashplan, Death in Service, Income Protection, 25 days holidays plus 4 bonus day and Wellbeing day, Eyecare vouchers, Employee Discount Platform, Cycle to Work scheme, Discounted Gym Memberships, Employee Assistance Programme, Green Cars initiative, Company Laptop and Mobile Phone.
If you are interested in this position then submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The vacancy applications will close on 05th March 2021 and interviews will be held subsequently.