Director/Senior Director of Business Development
Innovent Biologics (Europe)
INNOVENT BIOLOGICS (EUROPE)
Inspired by the spirit of "Start with Integrity, Succeed through Action,” Innovent’s mission is to develop and commercialize high-quality biopharmaceutical products that are affordable to ordinary people. Established in 2011, Innovent is committed to developing, manufacturing and commercializing high-quality innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer, metabolic, autoimmune and other major diseases. On October 31, 2018, Innovent was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited with the stock code: 01801.HK. Innovent Biologics (Europe) was established in London in July 2020. The European Office is a key component of the company’s globalization strategy, together with the US International Office located in San Francisco. The company is now looking for an experienced BD Director or Senior BD Director to join the London based team, reporting directly to the COO and Head of Europe. The Director/Senior Director Business Development will be responsible for independently or with support as needed identifying, evaluating, negotiating and closing regional or global deals in Innovent core strategic areas, with a focus on identifying and progressing partnership related to European companies seeking global or regional incl. China deals. Whilst based in London and a member of the International BD team, the Director International Business Development will be an integrated member of the global BD community and work closely also with the Global VP Business Development, based at global HQ.
- Key member of Innovent Global Business Development community
- Leads or supports in material way all elements of BD transactions with companies in Europe, regardless of area (oncology, immunology or other core Innovent area), type of deal (license, joint venture, M&A, other) and regardless of whether the deal relate to global or regional (China, European or other) rights. This involves being responsible for initial scouting as well as leading or supporting the business case, building of terms, due diligence, negotiation of terms and definitive agreement and closing of deal.
- Supports the COO and Head of Europe in providing high level direction and recommendations to Innovent’s senior management team on matters of strategic importance related to Europe as a source of in-licensing, out-licensing, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, M&A transactions with European partners.
- Represents Innovent externally at key industry conferences
- Identifies and build relationships with key European biopharmaceutical industry potential partners
- Understand and know how to navigate the European, China and Global biopharmaceutical market, including companies, products, and company strategies in order to enable Innovent to be able to effectively attract key partners.
- Effectively collaborate with internal departments (Marketing, Medical, R&D, Development) throughout the process of establishing and executing key partnerships.
- Possess a strong understanding of Innovent’s biopharmaceutical products, key competitors, and positioning to win.
- Track and communicate ongoing industry developments to internal team members and more broadly where appropriate to stay up-to-date on the competitive environment.
Required Job Qualifications
- At least 5 years experience in biotech or pharma industry business development, venture capital, investment banking or life sciences technology transfer
- Significant track record of negotiating and successfully closing a broad range of different deal types including in-licensing, out-licensing and commercial agreements.
- Bachelor degree or more in a science and/or technology related area
- Team player
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of Intellectual Property matters
- International experience
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on prioritization and goal setting.
- Understanding of biological sciences and biopharmaceutical product development
Additional helpful Job Qualifications
- MBA or JD
- Intermediate or above mandarin
- Education or past work experience in China