Country Manager - UK & ROI
Are you a business development specialist, inspirational people leader and passionate about plant-based alternatives? Sproud is a great tasting dairy alternative brand that has already achieved international distribution and is now looking for a Country Manager to lead the next phase of growth across the UK & ROI.
Sproud is recruiting for a Country Manager to lead brand expansion in the UK & ROI. The successful candidate will report to the CEO Sproud International AB and take full responsibility for growth in the region.
The key objective is to evolve the Sproud brand from a start-up into a major supplier in the UK plant-based dairy alternative market. The role will own the development of the retail, foodservice, online channels and lead the UK brand marketing activities to drive trial and repeat purchase working in collaboration with the Global Marketing team based in Malmo. The successful applicant will lead and expand the UK based team which consists of a Business Development Manager and a Marketing Executive who currently manage UK events, public relations and collaborations.
To hit the ground running you will need entrepreneurial flair and an in-depth knowledge of national accounts to at least a controller level. Sproud has already gained enviable traction within the retail and foodservice channels but as covid restrictions lift there are further opportunities to strengthen partnerships with national chains and customers in the UK. You will also own the development of the online business, potentially including a direct-to-consumer platform.
During 2021 you will review and recommend the optimal go-to-market model for the UK and lead the implementation of that plan. As the business unit leader, you will help to define the company values and culture whilst being the face of the brand for customers and external stakeholders.
Operationally, you will set a high tempo, can-do attitude that drives and fosters collaboration and direction.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver the annual business unit targets including sales, profit and budget control.
- Prepare monthly / annual sales forecasts supported by growth plans and progress reports.
- Build excellent relationships with customers, brokers, agencies and logistics providers.
- Lead and manage the country activities and initiatives in sales, marketing and distribution.
- Collate and analyse market intelligence, customer data, trends to share with the Sproud executive, product and marketing teams.
- Support and oversee other activities required to run the business, including some that will be managed and owned centrally (for example: office admin, PR)
- Ensure the company operates ethically and legally across all aspects of the operation.
- Manage and develop the existing UK team into a high-performance organisation.
Experience and Characteristics
It is essential that you:
- Demonstrate a track record in building brand distribution and market share within a recognised food or drink supplier.
- Possess a strong knowledge and network in the UK grocery and foodservice markets.
- Are a proven senior commercial manager with a desire to follow a general manager pathway.
- Externally focused and thrive on engagements with consumers, shoppers, customers, and build a strong network in the plant-based industry.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to develop strong relationships.
- Have excellent numeracy and commercial skills for analysis of data, pricing and reporting.
- A proactive, self-starter who will lead by example.
- Are passionate about alternative food brands and have a deep understanding of the health, environmental and lifestyle benefits of plant-based foods.
Candidates who have influenced successful FMCG startups or can demonstrate unlocking growth for premium food or drink ranges would be of high interest for this opportunity.
Compensation and Location
Sproud will offer a £competitive salary, car allowance and a lucrative bonus plan based on delivery of agreed key performance measures.
You will be based in the United Kingdom but prepared to travel extensively across the UK & Ireland with regular visits to Malmo, Sweden.
Sproud does not have a UK office yet but expects to establish a base as the team grows and will locate it to suit the team at the time.
Sproud have partnered with Blue Rice - FMCG Talent Selection on this recruitment campaign. To register an interest in this opportunity please apply below or provide your latest CV and contact details to Mark Gouland – firstname.lastname@example.org