Area Sales Manager
31 Oct 2018
Position: Area Sales Manager
Company: Old Mutual International
CCF Level (If applicable): Specialist
Location: Isle of Man (flexible, could also be London or Southampton)
Last day to apply: 30 November
About Old Mutual International
Old Mutual International provides financial solutions for both local and expatriate investors across the globe.
The business, established on the Isle of Man over 30 years ago, employs over 500 people in Onchan, and provides operational support to Old Mutual International clients in the UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Latin America and South Africa.
As the largest life assurance company on the island, all aspects of our business share a common core objective – to deliver great customer outcomes. This objective informs our thinking and behaviour across a range of activities including product design (is it appropriate for the customer), marketing (is it well presented and easy to understand), and service (is it easy for the customer to deal with us).
Our unwavering commitment to our customers resulted in us winning 15 industry awards in 2017 including Best International Life Group UK. In addition to this we were also awarded the Defaqto Silver Service Award in both the Isle of Man and Ireland for 2017.
Old Mutual International is part of Quilter, a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management both in the UK and internationally, managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers (as at 31 March 2018). Quilter plc, our group holding company, is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Main purpose of role:
Home or office based depending on location, the Area Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining existing relationships with local Asset Managers and Financial Advisory firms across Sweden. Focus will be on growing business levels from these existing relationships and developing new Asset Manager, FA, Legal and Tax Adviser connections where possible. The role reports to the Head of Region Europe.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Sound technical knowledge covering Insurance Bonds in Sweden (‘K’ policies)
- Good knowledge of the Swedish market and the investments available in Sweden
- Strong Working knowledge of investment markets including stock markets, credit markets and alternative investments
- Good working knowledge of European legal, compliance and regulatory framework in Sweden and the EU
- Contribute to the Europe Team’s strategy to maximise sustainable and profitable sales in Sweden
- Develop and maintain relationships with the key individuals at the relevant Asset Management and Financial Advisory firms
- Develop internal and external partnerships to help the sales team achieve their objectives
- Contribute to the development and evolution of Europe’s sales strategy in Sweden and in time the wider Nordics
- Ensure that relationships are maintained with our key custodians / DFMs who work with the SEP (Swedish Executive Portfolio)
Sales Team input
- Deliver Sales and Budget Plan to Head of Region within the timescale prescribed
- Contribute to the Region’s strategy to maximise sustainable and profitable sales
- Ensure that any issues that may impact you or the wider sales team are addressed in a timely manner with appropriate input from the management team
- Feedback any market intelligence which may impact the team and the wider business
- Feedback market opportunities which may lead to future profitable product developments
- Liaise with Marketing and Sales colleagues to deliver sponsored events both in Sweden and in the UK with the Swedish
- Chamber of Commerce
- Work closely with Swedish Sales Support colleagues to provide an outstanding service to our Swedish Intermediaries
- Assist with training and mentoring the Swedish Sales Support team as well members of the New Business team who are focusing on the Swedish business
- Travel expectation is to be in Sweden once every 3 weeks covering the main hubs of Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg
- Co-ordinate campaigns and events with the appropriate input from Head of Region and Marketing where required
- Remain within budget for entertaining and events
- Self-motivation to achieve targets and train to required standard in processes and customer service delivery
- Support the OMI customer principles ensuring adherence to TCF principles
- Pro-actively construct and develop a PDP with the Head of Region
- Produce annual Sales Plan and goal setting
- Run with quarterly SMART plans agreed by HoR
Specialist Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working in a similar role within the financial services industry
- Good understanding of the Swedish and EU markets
- Good command of written and spoken Swedish and English
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience working with an E based platform /system
- Graduate calibre
Key Behavioural Skills:
Planning, Efficiency & Effectiveness - structures work to achieve results with equal concern for quality and quantity, while striving for continuous development
Customer Focus - Develops and maintains a strong relationship with regulators, distributors, direct reports, staff, customers and internal colleagues
Flexibility, Initiative and Creativity - Actively generates new ideas and is open to new ways of doing things
Clear Communication - Communicates professionally, persuasively, confidently and clearly with all stakeholders
Team Working - Recognises the importance of pulling together as a team and supporting colleagues to maximise individual, team, and Company results
Developing - Identifies and builds on opportunities for continuous learning and developing for self and others
Focus, Drive and Motivation – Remains objective, focused, positive and in control of work or problems, even if faced with difficulties or pressure from volume or deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of insurance and investment products in Sweden
- Extensive Financial Services sector experience
- Excellent business and personal relationships
- Numeracy, Literacy and Communication skills - one to one and group
- Methodical personal time management
- Commercial, Regulatory, Market, Competitor and Industry Awareness
- Business built on outcome driven process and constant learning, development
- Passionate about any challenge or goal set
Inclusion & Diversity:
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity.
We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability.
We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
Please apply here