Marketing and Communications Manager
12 Sep 2018
Deadline: 26 September 2018
Established in 1906, the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK (SCC) is a private, not-for-profit membership organisation, focusing on promoting trade between Sweden and the United Kingdom. The Chamber's mission is to provide a platform for networking and to be a facilitator for business opportunities through its publications, events and other services. Today, the Chamber offers its Members around 60 events per year. There are 400+ corporate Members within the network, with an additional 200+ Members belonging to the Young Professionals of the SCC (YP).
This full time role within the SCC is an excellent career choice for an experienced marketing and communications professional with an interest in international business, trade, entrepreneurship and Anglo-Swedish links. The role is based in London and might include travel within the United Kingdom and to Sweden. The role forms part of a small organisation of eleven team members, and you will be part of working in a senior management team along the Managing Director, Events Manager, Membership Manager and Finance Manager.
Your primary responsibilities will be to manage all marketing and communications platforms, tools and output, including all print, online, social media, public relations and campaigns. You are also responsible for advertising sales and budgeting across the various platforms. You will be managing a junior team of two professionals, a scholar and a trainee. With a strong attention to detail you will be used to/prepared to working with tight budgets.
Strong relationship skills and the ability to multi-task are essential, as is commercial acumen.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy across all platforms (online, print, social media and email)
- Acting as Editor-in-Chief of the SCC’s membership publication The Link (Five issues per year)
- Content, design and production of the SCC’s Annual Report
- Content, design and production for all print and online initiatives and promotional and marketing material
- Responsible for all public relations, including regular contact with both Swedish and UK press
- Responsible for all crisis communication
- Responsible for the marketing and communications budget, including all advertising sales across the platforms, and supporting the annual budgeting process
- Responsible for the SCC’s website (scc.org.uk), including content creation, back-end support and engagement with relevant suppliers and providers
- Management and development of two junior team members on fixed-time contracts
- Forming part of the SCC’s Marketing Committee, and acting committee liaison
- Participate in meetings with SCC Members (alone or with colleagues) as and when relevant to promote the organisation’s work
- Contribute to the SCC meeting and exceeding its membership and service revenue targets
- Responsibility for providing quality and friendly service to incoming Member queries
- Represent the SCC and its work at its own or external conferences and events where appropriate
- Manage marketing and invitation lists generated through CRM
- Support the on-boarding of new Members
- Work on ad hoc project-based activities to support the wider SCC work
- Strong marketing and communications knowledge
- Proven track record of content generation and story-telling
- Experience in working with social media and growing follower engagement
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is essential
- The ideal candidate is bilingual in Swedish and English and have a strong command in the English language
- Experience from sales, business development or commercial relationship management is beneficial
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas and concepts to a broad set of audiences
- Strong attention to detail and excellent proof reading skills
- You will be prepared to work occasional evenings as most SCC and Member events are hosted outside regular office hours
- Strong relationship building skills
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Polite, persuasive and professional communication skills are essential
- Collaborative and consultative approach, strong work ethic
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Peter Sandberg at email@example.com before 26 September 2018.