12 Feb 2018
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK is a not-for-profit independent organisation explicitly dedicated to its Members. Its mission is to:
Inspire, promote, and extend the commercial and industrial relations between individuals and companies in Sweden and the United Kingdom. Founded in 1906, the Chamber is one of the largest and most active foreign Chambers in the UK.
After six successful years the current MD is retiring from the position and creating an opening for a new leader to build on their success and drive forward this high profile and growing organisation.
• Successfully navigate and develop productive relationships with the Chamber's members and Team Sweden to facilitate cooperation and support of the Chamber's strategy and goals.
• Create and evangelise a transformative vision of how the Chamber will evolve in order to add value to its current and future members.
• Build and develop a first class team to support you to deliver the Chamber's mission.
• Ensure the day to day management of the Chamber is effective and balances Revenue & Costs.
• Ensure the culture reflects the values of the Chamber to encourage a positive approach that will deliver the desired outcomes of its members to support its mission.
• Gravitas and credibility to lead the organisation externally and internally.
• Business and marketing acumen to identify and develop effective strategies to promote Swedish/UK business interests.
• An appreciation and receptivity of the changing business and technological environment to act in the present and plan for the future.
• Effective operational skills. Well organised and experience of managing financial accounts.
• Outstanding communication and influencing skills in English and Swedish
Salary: Competitive Package
Applications have to be submitted via this external link. Apply no later than 15 March. Please quote reference GB-02532.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact:
+44 (0) 20 7467 3730