Events and Programmes Manager
11 Mar 2019
Established in 1906, the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK (SCC) is a private, not-for-profit business organisation, focusing on promoting trade and business relations between Sweden and the United Kingdom. The Chamber's mission is to provide a platform for business growth through the exchange of experiences and networking and to be a facilitator for business opportunities through its publications, events and other services. Today, the Chamber offers its Members around 60 events per year. There are 400+ corporate Members within the network, with an additional 200+ Members belonging to the Young Professionals of the SCC (YP). We are a dynamic team guided by passion, creativity, integrity and professionalism.
This full-time role within the SCC is an excellent career choice for an experienced project manager and events professional with an interest in international business, trade, entrepreneurship and Swedish-British relations. The role is based in London and might include travel within the United Kingdom and to Sweden. The role forms part of a small organisation of thirteen team members, and you will be part of working in a senior management team alongside the Managing Director, Business Service Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager, Membership Manager and Financial Controller.
Your primary responsibility will be to plan, coordinate, execute, follow-up and ensure the smooth and professional delivery of all SCC events and programmes, from seminars and training courses to conferences and dinners. The role will include budget and sponsorship sales responsibility, and it includes managing junior team members. With strong attention to detail, you will be used to working with tight budgets and a high level of service-mindedness. Strong relationship skills and the ability to multi-task are essential, as is commercial acumen.
- Responsible for the planning, delivery and follow-up of all aspects of the SCC's events and programmes
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of all communications, marketing and data delivery aspects of events and programmes
- Responsible for all venue, vendor, sponsorship and partnership relationships relating to events and programmes
- Liaise with venues to ensure setup, catering and AV requirements are met
- Ensure that budgetary targets are achieved for all events and programmes, and regularly update the Managing Director on figures
- Arrange speakers and financial, or in-kind sponsorship where necessary
- Ensure the correct documentation and administration of all events related activities, incl. budgeting, invoicing and registration
- Manage and develop two junior team members within the events and programmes department
- Strategically develop the new programmes element of the SCC's activities
- Support the building of essential and deeper relationships with members of the SCC
- Support the on-boarding of new Members alongside other team members
- Work on ad hoc project-based activities to support the wider SCC work
- Report to, and participate in the Marketing Committee meetings of the SCC, and Council meetings when required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Understanding and experience from UK business environment is a benefit
- Experience from events and project management and the ability to run a number of simultaneous events and projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- The ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Swedish and has a strong command of the English language
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- You will be prepared to work occasional out of work hours as most SCC and Member events are hosted outside regular office hours
- Strong relationship building skills
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Polite, persuasive and professional communication skills are essential
- A collaborative and consultative approach, strong work ethic
Benefits include a 10% pension contribution, discretionary and performance related bonus, private health insurance after completion of the probation period, mobile phone for work purposes and 20 days annual leave (not including Bank Holidays and Christmas closure).
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 March, 2019