Freelance Travel Editor/Translator
16 Aug 2018
Club Med the pioneer of the ‘all-inclusive’ holiday concept, has been reinventing holidays since 1950. Faithful to its original vision, in 2004, the Group shifted to an upscale strategy focusing on becoming the global specialist in friendly, upscale, multicultural all-inclusive holidays. Club Med today operates a total of 65 Resorts, two-thirds of which are 4T and Luxury 5T Resorts. Currently Club Med market to all the Scandinavian markets with the notion of expanding and focusing on Sweden prominently. Our goal is to become the number 1 choice for Premium all-inclusive Family Holidays for Swedes.
The Role Summarised
At Club Med we are looking for a bright digitally minded translator and successful e-commerce copywriter to join the London based marketing team to help further enhance and grow the Swedish market. The candidate will act as a critical role within the development of the Swedish market, acting as the centre point for all communications.
The main mission will be to translate and copywriter the entire e-commence site from English to Swedish and ensure market specificities are taken into account along the entire user experience. In addition the candidate will also look to copy write other online material including: CRM content, social media content and online digital media.
Club Med is therefore looking for a Freelance Travel Editor/Translator with strong written skills to create Swedish editorial content that inspires and engages our clients and prospects. The ideal candidate has a substantial amount of copywriting experience, excellent written communication skills in Swedish and a passion for travel trends. In addition the candidate needs to have a healthy foundation of SEO best practises and principals, as well as be comfortable working in a CMS and understands UX best practices.
- Liaise with Online Project Manager to develop and execute the SEO Strategy for Sweden.
- Translate and copyright the Scandinavian site from English to Swedish.
- Create Swedish travel editorial SEO-optimized content.
- Liaise with Online Project Manager to develop and execute paid media strategy.
- Create Swedish copy for online paid media, E-CRM campaigns and social media.
The Candidate Skillsets
- Significant written experience including but not limited to blogging / journalism in Swedish.
- Excellent communication and written skills in Swedish.
- Have a passion for travel and travel market trends.
- Experience in writing for SEO purposes and working with a CMS.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and copy editing skills (in Swedish) are a must.
- Can legally work as freelancer and be based in London.
- Swedish market knowledge is a plus.
The Candidate Profile
- Act as the guardian ensuring all copy is accurate, consistent, and adheres to style guidelines.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Immaculate attention to detail, ensuring copy output is of a high standard.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment packed with super-friendly people.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong creative skills with an eye for trends in storytelling and culture.
- Graduate, or 1-3 years’ experience
Start Date: 1st September 2018 – 28th February 2019. Full-time. Potentially renewable.
Location: London, Wimbledon (work in English & Swedish languages).
If you would like to take on this exciting position, send your CV to email@example.com