Business Unit Manager London
09 Oct 2017
A Business Unit Manager manages the full responsibility for the assigned business unit, which includes client satisfaction, developing client strategy, business unit profitability, and utilizing resources correctly.
As a Business Unit Manager at Vaimo, you will need to ensure that your business unit’s operations align with Vaimo’s mission, strategic objectives, policies and company culture. You will need to grow, empower, coach, retain and lead a team of highly skilled and ambitious Vaimoers. Ultimately, you will drive client satisfaction and allocate resources to ensure efficiency and profitability within your business unit.
Specific duties will include managing of staff in your business unit, overseeing projects with the help/input from project managers, maintaining and negotiating retainers, salary reviews, quality and performance reviews, and providing client satisfaction reports and team utilization reports for activities inside your business unit.
The role of Business Unit Manager would suite someone who enjoys a client- facing role and the challenge of working closely with key accounts to increase/improve their business together with team members inside the business unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Business Unit Manager specifically include the following:
- Take responsibility for client satisfaction through developing client strategies, Key Account Sales, and Key Account planning
- Maintain and negotiate monthly retainers with key accounts
- Incorporate Vaimo’s policies and procedures in all business unit operations
- Monitor and review the unit’s activities and with the input/support from project managers ensure projects are completed on time and within the confines of the established budget
- Act as a leader, fostering a team environment while providing a vision for the unit
- Review salaries, carry out performance reviews and promotions based on recommendations by the Country Manager
- Agreeing upon annual targets and producing monthly, quarterly and annual client revenue, client satisfaction and team utilization reports
- Take responsibility for the business unit’s allocation, planning and utilization
- The ability to communicate effectively, as the Business Unit Manager’s role is client-facing and daily contact with clients is a big part of the job
- Ensure quality and profitability in the business unit
- Coach Project Managers and Technical Managers within the business unit from a client information perspective
- Escalate technical bottlenecks to the Head of Business Operations when required
- The willingness to travel from time to time to gain and share knowledge with your colleagues
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS
The following minimum skills/qualifications will be required:
- Management and Client Management skills
- The skills to motivate and encourage team spirit amongst the unit to promote mutual respect and successful collaborations
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a tight schedule
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in or with IT/eCommerce qualification or training
- The ability to resolve disputes, conflicts and complaints
- Familiarity with the eCommerce industry and knowledge of general IT
- Solid background in Project Management and Consulting
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Willingness to work in a growing and changing environment
- Deliver the highest standards of client service
- Fluency in the local language and English
The following preferred qualifications will be advantageous:
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-growing business environment
- Readiness to learn essentials of Vaimo’s products and services and to understand Vaimo’s value proposition and growth potential
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2008, Vaimo is the global leader in delivering award-winning digital storefronts, omnichannel solutions and mobile apps on the Magento platform. Our only focus is to accelerate B2B and B2C sales for our brand, retail and manufacturer clients.
With 13 global offices across EMEA, APAC and Africa and over 300 employees, we provide an international presence that allows us cultivate close, long-term relationships with our clients. Magento recognised our leadership by selecting us as Commercial Partner in EMEA in 2017, Omnichannel Partner of the Year in 2016 and EMEA Partner of the Year in 2015.
With a focus on driving digital innovation our services cover the full-spectrum of your eCommerce needs ranging from strategy, design, development, optimisation, hosting, all the way to wherever your eCommerce initiatives reach.
Submit your application HERE. Application deadline: 31 October 2017.
For more information, please contact Robin Carlsson, firstname.lastname@example.org.