Business Services Manager
18 Dec 2018
Established in 1906, the Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the UK (SCC) is a private, not-for-profit membership organisation, focusing on promoting trade between Sweden and the United Kingdom. The Chamber's mission is to provide a platform for networking and to be a facilitator for business opportunities through its publications, events and other services. Today, the Chamber offers its Members around 60 events per year. There are 400+ corporate Members within the network, with an additional 200+ Members belonging to the Young Professionals of the SCC (YP). We are a dynamic team guided by passion, creativity, integrity and professionalism.
This full-time role within the SCC is an excellent career choice for an experienced management consultant and business professional with an interest in international business, trade, entrepreneurship and Anglo-Swedish links. The role is based in London and might include travel within the United Kingdom and to Sweden. The role forms part of a small organisation of twelve team members, and you will be part of working in a senior management team alongside the Managing Director, Events & Programmes Manager, Marketing & Communications Manager, Membership Manager and Finance Controller.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage the SCC’s business services function, which includes servicing incoming business queries, matchmaking, delegation visits and programmes, and other relevant services to our Member firms. You will also be responsible for liaising with regional stakeholders in Sweden and advertising the SCCs services to relevant sources. The role will include budget and sales responsibility, and it may eventually include managing a junior professional/team. With a strong attention to detail you will be used to working with tight budgets and a high level of service-mindedness.
Strong relationship skills and the ability to multi-task are essential, as is commercial acumen.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business services strategy for the SCC
- Responsible for management and service of all incoming business services queries and projects
- Conduct market surveys and other business service related projects on behalf of other businesses (if relevant together with other SCC Members)
- Provide basic establishment advise for Swedish start-ups and make introductions where necessary
- Support the membership team with matchmaking activities
- Responsible for the strategic marketing and promotion of the business services offering, alongside the Marketing & Communications Manager
- Build essential and deeper relationships with equivalent desks at regional Swedish Chambers of Commerce, agencies and start-up networks in Sweden
- Management and development of the SCC’s UK Launch Programme for Swedish SMEs
- Development of the SCC’s training offering alongside Events & Programmes Manager
- Lead on the SCC’s participation in the Swedish Chambers International’s Business Climate Survey of Swedish companies in the UK, together with Marketing & Communications Manager
- Introduce an online and printed Guide Series to support Swedish businesses setting up or growing in the UK
- Achieve budgeted sales targets for the Business Services department
- Support the on-boarding of new Members alongside other team members
- Work on ad hoc project-based activities to support the wider SCC work
- 5+ years of UK work experience
- Strong knowledge of the United Kingdom and UK business environment
- Understanding of Sweden and Swedish business environment is a benefit
- Experience from project management and the ability to run a number of simultaneous projects
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office is essential
- The ideal candidate is bilingual in Swedish and English and have a strong command in the English language
- Experience from sales, business development or commercial relationship management is beneficial
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with the ability to present ideas and concepts to a broad set of audiences
- You will be prepared to work occasional evenings as most SCC and Member events are hosted outside regular office hours
- Strong relationship building skills
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Polite, persuasive and professional communication skills are essential
- Collaborative and consultative approach, strong work ethic
Benefits include a 10% pension contribution, discretionary and performance related bonus, private health insurance after completion of the probation period, mobile phone for work purposes and 20 days annual leave (not including Bank Holidays and Christmas closure).
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Peter Sandberg at email@example.com before 18 January 2019.