Giving you and your team a head start in understanding business culture
The SCC is launching two Business Culture Foundation Courses in March 2019; 'Making Sense of the UK' and 'Making Sense of Sweden'. The courses will help businesses and teams tackle and better understand Swedish and British business cultures. The courses will give attendees the tools to understand and excel in the respective workplace cultures and environments, and will cover cultural nuances in leadership and management approaches, how to safely navigate the differences in workplace behaviours, as well as exploring differences in negotiation practices, sales techniques and communications.
The courses will be divided into modules, featuring experienced speakers from the Membership, and will include subjects such as:
- LEADERSHIP - How to manage as a Swede in a UK team and vice versa. Including management approaches, workplace behaviours and how to create a winning team of individuals.
- SALES AND CUSTOMER - Negotiation skills, marketplace & opportunity.
- LEGAL - An introduction to Swedish and British employment law: understanding the framework of what employers can expect from employees, what employers can ask employees to do, and employees' rights at work. Contracts and basic commercial law: being aware of and understanding the risks in entering into contracts.
- COMMUNICATIONS - Internal and external communications differences and personal branding.
- THE CULTURAL - How do the Swedes and the English view each other: stereotypes, misconceptions, expectations.
7 March, 2019 - Making sense of Britain
8 March, 2019 - Making sense of Sweden
For more information and to book, please click below.