10 Apr 2017
Do you have experience in communications/media and an interest in promoting Anglo-Swedish business?
As the Chamber’s Communications Manager you will be responsible for all Chamber communications – including print and online, PR, marketing and social media initiatives. You will work in a small organisation together with the Managing Director, Events Manager and the Assistant Director/Membership Manager. There is also a part time Accountant and three Scholars (at the Chamber for a year) and two to three Interns (at the Chamber for 6 months). As part of a small team, you will also be involved in cross-departmental activities such as event planning and membership recruitment. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as editor-in-chief for the Chamber publication The LINK (5 issues per year)
- Project managing, editing and contributing written material to the Annual Report
- Design and layout of all print and online initiatives; predominantly using Adobe CS
- Producing Chamber marketing materials and promoting/developing of the Chamber’s activities and services
- All PR, including press relations and crisis communication
- Updating and implementing the Chamber’s social media strategy
- All advertising sales in print and online
- Managing the SCC Website, including content generation, backend support and liaising with communications agencies
- Training, mentoring and supporting a young team
To be successful you will ideally have a background within communications, media and/or marketing, with a proven track record of great content generation, design and of growing follower engagement. You must be bi-lingual in Swedish and English and have a strong command of the English language. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is essential, as is attention to detail. You will also enjoy working with people, be used to tight budgets and at ease in public. You must also be prepared to work occasional evenings, as most Chamber events are held outside regular office hours. This position also involves attending some events organised by Member companies and occasional travel to the chapters within the UK and to Sweden.
If you have a positive attitude, are a driven and flexible professional with an interest in promoting trade between Sweden and the UK, please let us have your application no later than Wednesday 19 April.
For further information about the role or to ask any questions, please contact current Communications Manager Rebecca Martin on email@example.com.
To submit your application, please email the Managing Director Ulla Nilsson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that although spoken Swedish is essential for this role - all applications must be submitted in English.